Monday, July 18, 2011

Countdown...

To vacation that is!!  Just have to make it through four days this week.  My guess is they will be pure torture but I'll make it through somehow.

Here's hoping I stay on track while away.  I know its going to be hard but I'm hoping swimming every day in the lake will help.  And its not like we eat a ton of food during the day.  We usually have a small breakfast and maybe a snack during the afternoon to curtail our hunger until we leave to go have dinner.  Just a handful of chips and soda (or beer...yeah, i know).  Its the dinner part that worries me.  Its so easy to have multiple courses because the food is always so delicious you just feel like you HAVE TO try everything!

Got on the scale this morning and unfortunately I was exactly the same as I was last week.  Bummer.  But I know its because we ate a huge (and I mean real huge) dinner last night.  And had ice cream for dessert. :/  So I'm going to weigh myself again tomorrow to see if anything changes.  Which it has to, earlier this week I was down about a pound and a half, now I'm back up again?  C'mon, can't be.  So I refuse to log my weight today if tomorrow gives me a better number.

Thankfully the weight has been coming off slowly.  Maybe a little too slowly but I shouldn't complain.  I'm just afraid of hitting that dreaded plateau.  Once we're back from vacation I'll need to step up my gym game.  I know I should go more often.  Maybe I can squeeze in a half hour each day (yes I said each day, like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) rather than a one hour session twice a week.  Does it make a difference?  I have no idea.

I really am looking forward to vacation.  I'm actually giddy at the fact that we leave on Friday.  Sure can't wait to jump into that lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment