Monday, August 22, 2011

Frustrating

So another week has gone by and I've lost .4 lbs.  That's good you'd probably say.  But no, its not.  If I ever want to stop being fat I need to step up my game.  On Saturday I hopped on the scale (just to peek) and I was down 2.6.  So what the fuck happened between Saturday and Monday you ask?  I'll tell you... the Hudson Valley Ribfest happened.

Oh don't get me wrong, I had an awesome time, being with my G, eating magnificent food, listening to live music...it was a blast.  But it did me in.  Let's see between the fried pickles, chicken wings, ribs, brisket and pulled pork sandwiches, beans and collard greens, plus the deep fried bacon (really?) and the deep fried funny bones (seriously??) I managed to eat a whole two pounds and keep it on me.  Oh, forgot about the beer, must have had at least four, if not five.  Where's my head?  We ended the evening with ice cream!  All delicious though.

I'm not going to fret or worry or become moody about the tiny loss this week.  I'm just going to stay focused and eat within my points and keep my fingers crossed that I drop more pounds by this time next Monday.

Did I mention there's the Dutchess County Fair on Friday?  Hmm....  Maybe I'll have to rack up some activity points by running in the pig races.  That may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment